Friday, April 23, 2010

Come On Family, Let’s Go Get Our Visas!!

On Monday, we went to renew our visas. It was sooo much less of a hassle than we thought it was going to be! We were totally expecting to wait in a long line all day waiting for someone to help us! But we just walked right up to the desk, they took our forms and money, and we were done!! Praise the Lord that it was so simple!! And then we went to a restaurant for lunch. It definitely wasn’t the same one that gave us food poisoning last week but we were still a little nervous since it was our first time going to another restaurant after “the incident.” We have been to this restaurant before: it was Festival de glace – my favourite restaurant here in Cotonou because they serve very French food! Anyways, our food was very yummy and we had no problems later!! Yay!!!!! We’ve recovered physically and mentally!! Well...maybe not completely – it is still very hard to even think about pizza! :)

On Wednesday, our landlady called us down to her apartment to talk to us. I was the only person who was ready for the day so I went, and when I got to her door, she asked me where the “chief of family” was. I asked who she was talking about and she said “The chief of family. Jamie.” ... hahahahahahahhaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And she kept calling him that while she was talking to me! When I came back upstairs we all had a good laugh about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment