Monday, March 21, 2011

Shorter Trip but Fuller Schedule

Here are a few updates from the last week:
• Tanya and I went to the church I attended last year on Sunday morning. It was sooo great to be back! A couple of my friends were on the worship team and Martin (the DRIME Benin director) preached! I definitely saw a lot of familiar faces!
• Tanya and I also went to the DRIME Benin Team’s practice. I had major flashbacks to the very first practice I attended last year, and I was blown away by the progress that has been made since then! THE TEAM IS AWESOME!! The practice had an enthusiastic and positive energy and I could tell that the team really felt like a family! And dramatically, they were amazing!!! I was sooo proud of them!
• The election did happen on Sunday night, and we still don’t know the results but everything did happen peacefully! Praise God!
• We went to the village of Aikinko on Monday with a small DRIME team. It was great to do village ministry again! We performed a few dramas and about 10 people gave their life to Christ! Some of them were already talking about travelling to the nearest church for the next Sunday. It is amazing to see someone make such an important decision, and then it’s even better when you know follow-up and discipleship will happen!
• On Tuesday, we did ministry on the beach in Cotonou. It wasn’t a very busy day at the beach but we still saw 5 people give their lives to Christ! A couple people stayed and asked us to pray for them so that was really cool to be a part of! And it was sooo encouraging to see the team do ministry and see them do it so well!
• Wednesday and Thursday were spent with the DRIME Benin leaders – creating a strategic plan, training them in a couple things, evaluating and encouraging them. I have loved spending time with them again! It’s like I never left! It has especially been exciting to meet Rachelle’s baby boy, Dylan. He is two months old and SOOO ADORABLE!!!
• Tanya left for Kenya on Thursday night so I’m in the hotel by myself. It is kinda weird to be the only Canadian but my Beninese friends have been so great – they keep telling me to not be lonely, to just call them if I need someone! They are sooo sweet!!
• I am leading a small team from DRIME Benin into Togo (Benin’s neighbour to the west) for a short missions trip this weekend! So stay tuned for a Togo update!

No comments:

Post a Comment