Thursday, March 11, 2010

A Good Balance of Work and Play

As I said in my last blog post, we had a meeting with Campus Crusade for Christ International this last Friday. The Benin national office is just outside of Cotonou. They were very interested in hearing about what we’re doing and asked a lot of questions! There were a couple misunderstandings at first (for example, at first they thought DRIME was a church, and then they thought we were asking to be one of their ministries). But once they understood that DRIME will be its own ministry in Benin and we just wanted some opportunities to advertise the team to their students, they were more willing to discuss some options with us. We even discussed a partnership with them so our two ministries could help each other.

Then guess what....after the meeting, we went and got ice cream!!!! I hadn’t had it in 3 weeks and those of you who know me know that that is a huge stretch for me!! I love ice cream so it was so good to taste the awesomeness!! We got some at a restaurant called Festival du Glace and I think it’s going to be my favourite restaurant here – it is very French so it has very yummy food!!

On Sunday, the 3 of us led the DRIME team practice for the first time. We taught a drama to the newer people (because people who have joined in the last 2 months hadn’t learned any dramas yet) and reviewed/re-taught a drama to the ones that have been a part of the group for a while. It was very interesting to train in French – my thoughts were running a lot faster than my words were coming out so I would get tongue-tied! It was a little bit frustrating because it takes them longer to understand our rhythms and actions – suddenly teaching youth groups sounds like a piece of cake!! But it was really fun to watch them finally get a part after working so hard on it! And I always love teaching the dramas so it did still have its fun moments!

The 3 of us spent Sunday evening playing games together. We seem to get addicted to a new game every couple of weeks and this week it’s Yahtzee! And apparently in Benin, I am really good at Yahtzee!!! At home I don’t really like to play because I always do horribly but here I’m lucky! On Sunday night I got 7 Yahtzees in 3 games!!! I KNOW!!!! It’s crazy! Unfortunately, Janna had one really unlucky game but it was sooo hilarious!!! We could not stop laughing!! So yes, we are still having tons of fun here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment